NetXMS WebUI 4.2.395 not starting

Started by Spheron, October 24, 2022, 05:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spheron

Hello @all,

today, i updatet our NetXMS server to 4.2.395 (windows 10 x64, mysql db). Server and legacy GUI working so far.

WebUI throws a error message in browser after upgrading (please see screenshot in attachment):
----
HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /. Reason:
    ProxyServlet: /

Powered by Jetty://
----

Please see the logs from server in the attachment..

Any suggestions?

Greetings
Marco

samuelet

Same problem on Apache/Jetty linux . Webapi and new web gui jars work .

eugene1

i use Ubuntu Server and Tomcat 10.0.27 / 10.1.1 and NetXMS webUi 4.2.395 and have some problem after update and questions:
- Is it possible to install the nхmc.war file via the tomcat10 web interface in the standard way?
- Application cant start, tomcat10 work fine, other *.war applications deploy correctly.

eugene1

Upd: [resolve] when i change Tomcat10 to Tomcat9 - deploy is work. 
Maybe is important, i not sure:
- Tomcat9 install patch /var/lib/tomcat9
- Tomcat10 install patch (select manual) /opt/tomcat

Victor Kirhenshtein

Tomcat 10 uses Servlet API 5.0 (with Java package names switched from javax.servlet to jakarta.servlet). Framework we are using is not compatible with Servlet API 5.0, so you should use Tomcat 9 or Jetty 10.

Annihilator

This is an issue in Debian Bookworm. It has no Tomcat 9 available, only 10.

Filipp Sudanov

You can try using https://github.com/netxms/nxmc-web-launcher - it should build one .jar that contains web UI and Jetty 10.

Annihilator

If possible, please make it so that it can run with the
<Loader jakartaConverter="TOMCAT" />
context setting in tomcat10. Hopefully this can be done without breaking backward compatibility.
Currently it throws an exception when attempting to do so.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Could you please explain where you configuring it and what exception are you getting? I have little experience with Tomcat, but I can check if I can adapt packages to it if I'll be able to setup test environment.

Best regards,
Victor

Annihilator

With the currently latest available version of nxmc, it seems to be working!