We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

no new network creation

Started by lindeamon, June 14, 2016, 01:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

hi,

using v2.0.3.
i have added a new network to the active search and the server finds all the nodes in the network but it does no create the network object and place the nodes under it.
the feature "delete empty subnets" in not enabled.

what is the problem ?

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

so nodes are created but subnet is not, or nodes not created as well? If nodes not created, can it be that you also have discovery filters that prevents creation of these nodes?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

nodes are created and they are located under the "business Services" object.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Tatjana Dubrovica

lindeamon

yes it is.
i have upgraded to v2.0.4, deleted the nodes and let it rediscover them.
nothing changed.
i want to mention that i have configured the "active discovery" to discover the network along with a static route on my computer.

10x,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

Hello Tatjana,

any news on this subject ?

Regards,
Lindeamon

Tatjana Dubrovica

Can you please provide:
1. Output of nxget command line tool, getting interface list from one of sutch nodes. Example: /opt/netxms/bin/nxget -l 192.168.100.5 Net.InterfaceList
2. Does all nodes in this subnet have the same same OS?
3. Network mask.
4. And server log on debug level 6 when one of thoose nodes is status polled.

Recently we had problem with subnet defenitoins for old Windows versions: https://www.netxms.org/forum/configuration/invalid-network-mask-4369/msg20773/#msg20773

lindeamon

1. there are no agents installed on the machines
2. no. i have esx, windows 2012 r2, linux. no older windows operating systems.
3. 255.255.255.0
4. how do i do that ? can you write the steps ?

Regards,
Lindeamon

Tatjana Dubrovica

So you don't have any agents there(I mean even SNMP)?
Steps to get debug log:
1. Set in server configuration file this parameters:
LogFile - path to server log file
DebugLevel=6
2. Restart derver
3. Run manually status poll on one of incorrectly added objects(right click object->Poll->Status)
4. Find in lines "Starting status poll for node XXX (ID: NNN)", "Finished status poll for node XXX (ID: NNN)". Send everything between them.

lindeamon

hi Tatjana,

no, no agents and no snmp. do i need to have at least on to be able to create the network ? i thought the network is created when the 1st node is discovered.
see the attached file with the debug output.

thank you very much,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

Hello Tatjana,

i have installed netxms from scratch including new db and all.
i have configured the "network discovery" to actively search for number of networks that i have and i have created an automatic filter for those networks.
after a day, everything seemed to be discovered but all the nodes appeared after the "network business" icon and again, no network object was created for those networks.

i have configured the server to delete empty networks, do you think that something might be wrong there ?
need solution pls

Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

Hi Victor,

i think i have found the problem.
the nodes are getting discovered as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 instead of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24 and for that reason it does not create subnets.
what could be the reason ?
what do i have to configure for it to discover nodes as /24 or /22 or any other mask besides /32 ?

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

yes, for /32 subnets are not created. Those are nodes without agent or SNMP, right? Do you have some subnets that are close to addresses discovered? If yes, what subnets?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

yes, those nodes does not have agent nor snmp. those nodes are behind firewall and i just monitor them with ping for the time being until i have the time and the server to do things properly.
by the way, is this a new configuration ? i do not remember having this problems before. do i need to allow netxms to read the firewall/switch tables to be able to discover the nodes with the correct subnet ?
what do you mean by "Do you have some subnets that are close to addresses discovered?" ?
i have 6 subnets and for each subnet i have created an active discovery entry and filter entry. the nodes being discovered are from those subnets.

Best regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

could you please provide log for such node for entire configuration poll as well as output from manual configuration poll in console?

Best regards,
Victor