Node Down Alarm & Email Notification not raised

Started by Carl Green, March 09, 2018, 11:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Green

Hi

All my devices are setup on ICMP monitoring only and this morning I had 4 devices showing as down in the console so I forced a poll on each and they were still down but I got no Alarm or a notification to say they were down on email. 

I have a couple of Scheduled tasks that runs nightly which puts all devices into Maintenance mode at 7pm and then leaves Maintenance mode at 8:15am daily.  During the hours of 11pm-8:00am my NetXMS server is sent into Windows Hibernation mode as not used during these hours.

When my pc came up this morning at 8am I could see the devices were still in maintenance mode and for the devices that were down they had a red cross next to them but even forcing the poll resulted in no Alarm or email notification.

I exited maintenance mode and forced a poll but still didn't get a notification email or Alarm that the device was down.

When the devices did come back online I got the email notification of node up.

It looks to me like if the devices are offline in maintenance mode they report in failed state and when you exit maintenance mode and they are still in failed state no alarm or email node down is raised?

Is this a known issue and is there a way to force a Alarm to be raised which would in turn send the email node down notification?

Regards

Carl

Tursiops

I don't think the system "queues" alerts during maintenance and upon leaving maintenance checks which ones are still valid.

For all I recall maintenance mode simply stops alerts from going out.
Result in your case: NetXMS will detect the change from Up to Down. As the devices are in maintenance mode at the time, the alert won't be sent.
As the status then doesn't change (i.e. it stays down) there is no alert. I think the repeat interval will eventually trigger a new alert, but that could be a while.