Nodes missing from console

Started by jds, February 03, 2021, 04:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jds

Howdy all,

I've upgrade my server to 3.7.145 and I've noticed in my console that my computer's node is missing. I haven't done a deep dive to see if any other nodes are missing yet. What makes this weird is if I look in the database for my computer, it's there and it's updating it's information like the agent is communicating just not showing up in the consoles. It was there before the server upgrade. Has anybody seen this before?

Thank you

Update: I was able to get my computer to show back in the console but I had to manually remove it from the database and restart the server. i have identified other nodes that are in the database and updating but are not in the console. The are randomly spread out among our subnets. At this point I may have to get a list from the database and go through the console to see what's missing.

Filipp Sudanov

One possible option is that there is an issue with access right to these nodes. Try enabling "system" user
nxdbmgr reset-system-account
(it's password will be "netxms"). This account has access rights to all objects in the system. Could be that the nodes will be visible (may be in the root of object tree).

jds

Quote from: Filipp Sudanov on February 04, 2021, 02:04:57 PM
One possible option is that there is an issue with access right to these nodes. Try enabling "system" user
nxdbmgr reset-system-account
(it's password will be "netxms"). This account has access rights to all objects in the system. Could be that the nodes will be visible (may be in the root of object tree).

Thank you! That allowed me to see the nodes and found someone set access rights for everyone to just allow "Push Data" on all the missing nodes. They were still under the correct subnets just not visible. After asking around to the other admins, I will be giving one of them a little harder time then the others :D and maybe removing some of their access.