nxalarm does not receive info about source node

Started by MarkusW, October 18, 2011, 03:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkusW

First of all, thank you for a great piece of software!

I have a problem with the nxalarm tool. It does list the active alarms, but all macros for displaying information about the source node expand to the empty string. I have tried it with 1.0.12 as well as older versions, and the result is the same.

Example:

A simple test setup with an active alarm with the alarm string "Alarm is active".

markus@ubuntu:~$ nxalarm localhost list -u admin -P xxxx -o "%a:%n %m"
: Alarm is active

1 active alarms
markus@ubuntu:~$

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

It's a bug. I'll made a patch and post it here.

Best regards,
Victor

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

I've made a fix for nxalarm. Unfortunately it involves changing server code, so I create a new maintenance release 1.0.13 which includes this change as well as few other fixes.

Best regards,
Victor

KjellO

Yes, node info is now displayed! But "Helpdesk state as number" and "Helpdesk state as text" just shows as 0 and IGNORED (expected Acknowledged or Outstanding). Any quick fix available for this? Otherwise, we'll wait for the stable 1.1 branch and hope it works there  :)

Best regards,
Kjell

nxalarm -u <user> -P <pass> -o "%h %H" <server> list
0 IGNORED
0 IGNORED
0 IGNORED
0 IGNORED

4 active alarms

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Helpdesk state is not an alarm state you see in console. It is special field not visible in console intended for help desk system integration. And alarm state you are interested in is missing from nxalarm :( I'll add it in next 1.1.x release, and I can create a patched version of nxalarm 1.0.13 if you need.

Best regards,
Victor

KjellO

I see, then I misunderstood the purpose of Helpdesk state.

It would be nice to have the Acked/Outstanding info, so thanks for adding it in the next release. It would be very helpful to have it in the 1.0.13 too, but it's really up to you if you create a patch for it or not.

Many thanks,
Kjell