nxmc with Java 11

Started by troffasky, March 01, 2019, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troffasky

Is nxmc with Java 11 supposed to work? Ubuntu 18.10 comes with Java 11 by default and nxmc doesn't seem to like it.
From the end of a ~2500-line log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2019-03-01 17:32:42.819
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

I can install Java 8 but then Davmail won't run, which leaves me with an uncomfortable choice between email and NetXMS!

troffasky

Ahh never mind, fix was easy enough in the end.
Wrapper script with:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/
export PATH=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/:$PATH
~/downloads/netxms/nxmc/nxmc

I had tried something similar and it wasn't working, because of a typo in the path.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

you can also create symbolic link named "jre" within "nxmc" directory pointing to JRE 8 - nxmc will pick up that JRE then.

Best regards,
Victor