News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

nxshell

Started by BigBlue, April 06, 2020, 01:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlue

Hi,

In version 2.2.2, nxshell takes 10s to launch on my server.
In version 3.2.451 it takes 1m15s !

Do you know why there's such a difference?

By the way, is it possible to launch nxshell once and then have it run scripts on demand?

Thanks

Filipp Sudanov

Hi,

there has not been any changes since 2.2.2 that could make such dramatic change in launch time.
I would suggest to try running nxshell on a different system, preferrably clean installed to see if it makes any difference.

I believe it should be possible to make jython program that starts, connects to the api and has some sort of interprocess communication to know what commands to run.

BigBlue

Thank you for your response.

I actually have 2 identical servers (same hardware, same OS, same jre...) one in version 2.2 and the other in version 3.2. After a lot of cross testing, the problem seems to be related to this version...
Before installing version 3.2 on a third server, I ran java in debug mode on my server 3.2.
The launch freezes more than 60 seconds on : "Loaded org.simpleframework.xml.core.Function"

$ java -verbose -Dnetxms.server=127.0.0.1 -Dnetxms.login=xxxxxxxxx -Dnetxms.password='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' -jar ./nxshell-3.2.451.jar
[Loaded org.simpleframework.xml.core.MethodScanner$1 from file:/data/infra/scripts/NetXMS/nxshell-3.2.451.jar]
[Loaded org.simpleframework.xml.core.Function from file:/data/infra/scripts/NetXMS/nxshell-3.2.451.jar]
[Loaded org.netxms.client.SessionNotification from file:/data/infra/scripts/NetXMS/nxshell-3.2.451.jar]

Also, Java performance is nearly identical on both servers.

BigBlue

I just found out I have the same problem running Management Console Binaries.
1 minute longer on my server in version 3.2...

BigBlue

Hi,,

The problem was due to a library conflict...
https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/nxdbmgr-init-segmentation-fault/msg28226/
all is ok now.

Thank you for your help.
BB