Overview Tab SLOW (4.1.283)

Started by lweidig, May 20, 2022, 02:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lweidig

If we select a node in the Objects tree and then under the Object Details look at any tab and then click back to the Overview tab it can take upwards of 10 seconds before displaying anything besides the header tabs.  However when clicking from the Objects tree it is immediately visible for the node.  This is the latest version of the console / server (4.1.283) and console is MacOS.  I have attached a screen shot of what we see.

normalcy

To add to this, the behaviour seems to only show up when you click on certain tabs in certain orders, eg:

• Click on a node in the object explorer and then select a sub-tab for that node like interfaces or physical connections or performance.  When you come back to the overview sub-tab you will see everything collapsed.  Selecting another node and coming back to the current one refreshes the overview.
  • Alternatively, instead of selecting another node from object explorer and coming back, if you go to another parent tab like alarms or a dashboard tab and come back to the object details tab, the overview sub-tab won't be collapsed.  If you now select another sub-tab like interfaces or performance and come back to overview again its still not collapsed.
So given the second point above its possible depending on your habitual path through the MC you might not see this all the time.  But I was able to replicate it pretty consistently.  Going to and coming from parent tabs seem to force it to load in a way that doesn't collapse the overview headings.

This also happens on latest 4.1.333

Dawid Kellerman

Hi I can confirm this on Linux nxmc 4.1.283

Upgrading to 4.1.333 will revert back if it is fixed for me after the upgrade

Regards Dawid

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

I just fixed this issue, fix will be included into next patch release. Current workaround is to press refresh if overview is not shown for too long.

Best regards,
Victor

lweidig

Dawid Kellerman

Thank you Victor!
Unless it is your own code..  Netxms fixes bugs the fastest!
:)