Poll WebService through "proxy"

Started by Sack-C-Fix, September 01, 2021, 02:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sack-C-Fix

Hello,
is it possible to have the query executed by another node?
Our server has no connection to the internet, but there is an agent which has the corresponding permissions.

I would like to query the web services from this agent, but I cannot find a suitable configuration.
"Poller Node" and/or "Source Node" do not seem to work here, we are not using zoning.

Checks via nxwsget are working as expected.

Thanks
Andy

Filipp Sudanov

Looks that without zoning only agent running on netxms server is user for web service queries.
So you need to enable zoning, create a zone, configure that agent that has permissions as proxy for that zone and put the node that has the DCIs to that zone.

Sack-C-Fix

Hello and thank you for the reply.

Too bad, I was hoping to be able to use the whole thing without zoning.
Then I'll have to activate it and use it for this particular case.

Andy

Filipp Sudanov

Enabling zoning does not change much things, just one hierarchy level appears above subnets in the tree. There are thoughts to have it on by default in future versions anyways.

I'll check with developers, if manual specification of web service proxy per node could be considered.

Filipp Sudanov

Yes, as we have option to configure proxy on node basis for other services, it makes sence to have it also for web services. An issue was created for that: https://track.radensolutions.com/issue/NX-2111 so one day this will be implemented.