Checking interface configuration...
[31-Jul-2009 20:47:49] eUnable to get interface list from node
[31-Jul-2009 20:47:49] w   Interface "lan0" is no longer exist

and also showing agent inactive
verified in Linux that agent process is up

Thanks,
pasupuleti

Alex Kirhenshtein

Looks like agent is rejecting connections.

Check "Servers", "InstallationServers", "ControlServers", or "MasterServers" section in nxagentd.conf, one of this sections should contain IP address of your netxms server. For more information take a look at nxagentd.conf-dist

If nxagentd.conf is correct, verify that you can connect from your windows machine to linux server on port 4700 — if you can't, check firewall settings.

If both are correct, you can stop agent and start it with "-D" argument, this will enable debug output.

pasupuleti

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: Alex Kirhenshtein on August 03, 2009, 11:00:43 AM
Looks like agent is rejecting connections.

Check "Servers", "InstallationServers", "ControlServers", or "MasterServers" section in nxagentd.conf, one of this sections should contain IP address of your netxms server. For more information take a look at nxagentd.conf-dist

If nxagentd.conf is correct, verify that you can connect from your windows machine to linux server on port 4700 — if you can't, check firewall settings.

If both are correct, you can stop agent and start it with "-D" argument, this will enable debug output.

I have a similar problem, I'm able to properly connect boxes outside my network but I'm unable to connect those in my network. Firewall is disabled and telnet connects without problem. Tried with either a physical machine with Windows 2008 x64 and with a virtual machine under hyper-v with Windows 2003 x64. Tried also both x86 and x64 agents, no differences.

Running the -D argument produces this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NetXMS\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\NetXMS\bin\nxagentd.exe" -D -d -c "C:\Program Files (x86)\NetXMS\etc\nxagentd.conf" -n "NetXMSAgentdW32" -e "NetXMS Win32 Agent" -M "192.168.0.1"
Downloading configuration from 192.168.0.1...
Configuration download failed
StartServiceCtrlDispatcher() failed: The service process could not connect to the service controller.

This is the content of the configuration file:
#
# NetXMS agent configuration file
# Created by agent installer at Sun Aug 09 15:52:06 2009
#

MasterServers = 192.168.0.1
LogFile = {syslog}
FileStore = C:\Program Files (x86)\NetXMS\var
SubAgent = winperf.nsm

Any hints appreciated,
thank you

Victor Kirhenshtein

When you start agent as standalone program, not as system service, you should not use -d option. So, to debug, you should use command

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NetXMS\bin\nxagentd.exe" -D -c "C:\Program Files (x86)\NetXMS\etc\nxagentd.conf" -M "192.168.0.1"

Best regards,
Victor

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on August 12, 2009, 09:56:41 AM
When you start agent as standalone program, not as system service, you should not use -d option. So, to debug, you should use command

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NetXMS\bin\nxagentd.exe" -D -c "C:\Program Files (x86)\NetXMS\etc\nxagentd.conf" -M "192.168.0.1"

Best regards,
Victor

Thank you very much Victor!

The debug helped to solve the problem: since the server is mutihomed (due to Hyper-V) the agent was receiving connection from an address not specified in the config file, I added even the second address to the MasterServers and everything worked fine.

All the best,
Marco