Reconnect DB after failure

Started by rgkordia, February 02, 2016, 02:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgkordia

Hi guys,

I have a 1.2.17 installation sucessfully running for about a year now.  This weekend our DB server had a non-critical failure which recovered after some minor maintenance.  I saw in the NetXMS console the queues for Database writer, IData and Raw DCI values were high (~10m combined).  After the DB was back up I saw the Database writer queue gradually reduce to zero, then the database writer (raw DCI values) queue reduce to zero, but the IData queue kept increasing.  At this point I was still missing DCI data from for the weekend which I had hoped would catch up. 

I left it for a while but in the end I restarted the NetXMS core service and everything is now working fine, but I lost this weekends worth of data.  IData queue is now zero again.

Is there any way to force a DB reconnect / resync without restarting the NetXMS core (and thus losing the data)?

I'm using MSSQL 2010 for the DB and Windows 2008R2 for the NetXMS server.

Thanks,
Richard

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

actually NetXMS server supposed to reconnect after DB failure (and it seems that all internal threads other than idata writer done it correctly). I'll try to simulate this situation and check what's going on.

Best regards,
Victor