Manual adding node after version upgrade

Started by Putacaso, September 10, 2012, 05:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putacaso

Hi,

I used for some time the 1.0.3 NetXms version, then I succesfully upgraded it to the 1.2.1
I found in the new console all my network objects, but I cannot add manually other nodes.

The online manual continue to suggest Tool Menu / Add Node options, but it seems that this version change it.
I found another topic on this forum (https://www.netxms.org/forum/installation/manually-adding-nodes/msg7562/#msg7562) but I do not find this method.

Could someone could help me?
thanks

Claudio

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

To create node manually in new console, right-click on the container object where you want to create node and select "Create node".

Best regards,
Victor

Putacaso

Thanks for the fastest forum reply ever!  ;D

As you can see from the attached file, the "Create Object" option do not appear in my console...

Thanks
Claudio

Putacaso

I forgot to specify thet I'm using Admin user, so I'm pretty sure that I've required rights.

Claudio

DanG

Hi Putacaso,

The "Entire Network" tree is a read-only one. It shows all nodes as NetXMS has detected them.
Your view of the network is done under the "All Services" tree. There you'll probably (it's optional) want to create first level containers (but you can have a deeper hierarchy) to group your nodes.
It's under the "All Services" hierarchy where you need to right-click to add nodes.
You can either "Bind..." a node and then choose is from the Entire Network if it's already there. Or you can Create Node to add one that was not discovered by NetXMS.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Putacaso

Thanks!
I'm adding my new nodes and container :)

Claudio