Agent Configuration

Started by lindeamon, November 09, 2011, 03:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

hi,

i have two netxms servers:
1. v1.1.5 on centos 6 linux
2. v1.1.6 on win2k3 server

on both servers i have created the same agent configuration.
i have two servers with different agents versions v1.1.5 and v1.1.6

no matter where i point the agent to get the configuration from and no matter which agent is trying to pull the config i get the same error:
Script (AgentCfg::1) execution error: syntax error, unexpected '/'

and there are no extra '/' in the config

any idea ?
10x
lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

It's error in filtering script, not a config itself. How your filtering script for config looks like?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have used this template back from the days i started with version 1.0.12.
in this version the default configuration was that in the filtering section there were comments that pointed out the variables one can use in the filtering script like $1 and so.
so it looks something like this:
/////////////////////////////////
// smoething
// $1 - the ip address.....

is this the issue ? if so,we have to have the parameters mentioned anywhere otherwise, at least for me, i will not be able to remember them

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

It is ok to have comments this way in the script. The problem is probably due to either bug in NXSL interpreter, or some typo (or maybe non-printable character) in filtering script. You can also try to copy script into file and try to execute it with nxscript.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have deleted everything in the filtering section and now i get unexpected $end

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have configured the agent configuration filter to use the $2 var and everything worked fine.
does that mean that i will always have to configure filtering ? it wasn't a requirement before.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Filtering script always should have a body. If you don't need filtering, just use

return true;

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

thank you victor,

as for now i have configured the script to filter both netxms server but it is good to know this solution.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon