Server crash

Started by xenth, April 30, 2008, 05:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Kirhenshtein

It can be a problem for NetXMS, because if during status poll it determines that node is down, data collection will not be scheduled for that node. But, if there are no status polls, NetXMS will try to establish TCP connection for each parameter to be collected. With connection timeout about 1 minute, it can easily cause long data collection queues.

What is the reason for disabling status polls? If you don't want alarms, mails, etc. for SYS_NODE_DOWN events, you can just block them in the first rule of event processing policy.

Best regards,
Victor

xenth

Hi  :)

That makes a lot of sense.

But, if I block those specific nodes from the policy that will only block them from my alarm list (which is what I want) but they will still be marked with a red dot in front of them, and in the network summary they will be displayed as critical nodes.

This is the specific reason I've blocked status polling on those nodes.

Basically what I wanted to achieve:
Only important nodes need to be marked with a red dot and displayed as critical in the network summary, is there any other way to achieve this then?

Thanks again for all your work, I appreciate it.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Node status calculated based on two sources - active alarms for that node and status of child objects (usually interfaces). If you wish that node remains in NORMAL status event if some or all interfaces goes down, you should change status propagation algorithm for child objects of that node. You can select "fixed value" propagation algorithm for interface objects and set value to NORMAL.

Best regards,
Victor

xenth

Great! This appears to be working perfectly :)