Deleted Instanced DCIs appear again after restart

Started by radw, July 07, 2016, 11:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radw

Hello, I want to know why some deleted Instanced DCIs appear again after netxmsd service or OS restart.  I tried the following procedure, but not always work:

1) Run nxdbmgr unlock
2) Delete  the base instance DCIs: If I close the DCI table Configuration they dont appear (only at this time)
3) Restart the netxmsd service: In the past I restarted the whole OS but I found that the issue can be replicated only restaring the netxmsd service.

At this point and repeating the above steps several times, I could get the DCIs deletion. Also, at times the base DCI is effectively deleted, but the discovered DCIs remained ad I had to delete them one-by-one.

This issue could be a bug??, or maybe am I deleting the instanced DCIs in the wrong way??

Regards.

radw

Hello, I continued with this issue. ¿¿Any ideas?? ¿¿Could be a bug ??

Regards.

Tursiops

I had some issues with instance discovery DCI deletion, in my case to the point of crashing the server.
NetXMS version 2.0.5 includes a fix around deletion of such DCIs, so it may resolve your problem as well.
(Haven't tested at my end yet, as I am waiting on the Ubuntu packages.)

Cheers

radw

Hello, yesterday I updated to 2.0.5 but the issue persists.

So, Could it be a non-fixed bug??, or maybe Im not deleting the instanced DCIs in the right way?? (I delete the base DCI and opening the DCI config list it seems that the DCIs were deleted, but after a netxmsd service restart, they appear again).

Regards.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

I'll try to test it in a next few days. Can you please try to delete base DCI, check that instance DCIs disappear in GUI, and check if they are in database (table "items"). You can select all DCIs for node with query

SELECT * FROM items WHERE node_id=?;

(replace ? with actual node ID). If they will be there, try to change something in node properties (rename it for example), and after some time check DB again.

Best regards,
Victor

radw

Hello Victor. I implement your workaround, and it worked, I verified it after deleting the base DCI, changing node name,  waiting some time, and restarting the netxmsd service. Thanks you.

Regards.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

so there is another bug - node is not marked as changed when instance DCI is deleted and so changes not saved in database unless other changes were made. I'll fix that in next release. And workaround is to change something on the node to trigger save.

Best regards,
Victor