Oracle agent - netxms 1.2.4

Started by lindeamon, November 25, 2012, 05:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

hi,

i have installed the new version 1.2.4 with the corresponding agent and when i try to load the oracle subagent i get the following error:
"DB Library: unable to load database module "oracle.ddr": the specified module could not be found"
now,
i have installed the agent on win2k8r2 sp1 and i can see the oracle.nsm file.
i have created an xml file like the wiki tells me to do and i named it oracle.xml.
what is the problem ?
b.t.w - how can i use policies to deploy such xml file ? does the agent look for a file.xml {this what the wiki pages said} to load oracle subagent ?

Thanks,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Most likely you don't have Oracle client installed (or it's not in PATH) - so oracle.nsm failed to load because of missing dependencies. If you need to monitor only one database, you can also use *ORACLE section in standard netxmsd.conf. You can deploy XML config via policy - create new agent configuration policy, enter content of XML file on "Configuration File" page in policy object properties, and then select "Install" from policy context menu. Select target node(s). Then restart agent - it should load new configuration on restart.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

thank you for the quick replay.few questions:
1. do i need th 64bit client or the 32 bit ?
2. can you give me an example for the *Oracle you mentioned ?
3. the wiki pages indicate that for monitoring oracle the agent looks for a file with xml suffix and when i deploy it via policy the file does not end with .xml, what is the difference between monitoring 1 DB and more then 1 DB ?

b.t.w - the properties of the policy are a little bit blur and misunderstood, maybe you should revise the name of the property, for ex:"agent configuration" instead of "agent file" so that one will understand that the agent configuration is supposed to be written there.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

You need 64 bit client for 64 bit agent, and 32 bit client for 32 bit agent.

I have added INI config example to wiki: http://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/Subagent:Oracle#INI_configuration.

Agent reads all files in config include directory, and determines it's format by content, not by file extension.

Difference between monitoring one database and multiple databases is that in latter case you have to use XML config - in INI config you can specify only one database.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

thank you for your time. now i understand.
keep up the good work and i can't wait to see what's in stored for me in the next release  :)

Best Regards,
Lindeamon