Since V2.2.3 No source node in events from syslog parser on server

Started by Dani@M3T, February 08, 2018, 09:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dani@M3T

Hi

Since update from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 we have a problem in events generated from syslog parser on NetXMS server. The source node information is missing. The syslog messages in NetXMS has source node information. It only lacks in events. No change in syslog parser config since update.
Is it a known error? What can we do?

best regards
Dani

tomaskir

Confirming this on using 2.2.3.

In syslog monitor, correct node is seen.
However, looking at event log on the node itself, the event is not assigned to the node.

Event does seem to enter EPP, but $node is not set, so using action with NXSL scripts that use $node generates an NXSL error.
(function or operation is not an object)

So it seems events are generated, just don't have NODE internally set to them.
They then correctly go to EPP, but since there is no NODE, alarms will not be generated on the node, NXSL scripts using $node will fail, etc.

Dani@M3T

tomaskir

Just an update, this is now fixed in master and stable-2.2 branches.

The fix will also be out in the next release of NetXMS of course :)

Dani@M3T

Hi Tomas

Is there a interim fix when I compile server from sources. Otherwise I have all these events without source node in the database and can't use them. Is there a near ETA for next (fixed) release?

thanks
Dani

tomaskir

You can build from sources and it will work.
https://github.com/netxms/netxms/tree/stable-2.2

Previous events in the DB will stay without node set.
(not sure if there is a way to recover which nodes the events came from - would guess not)

As to when next release happens - I don't know, Victor will need to tell us :)

Dani@M3T

so complete recompile is necessairy with all new sources? Not isolated to one or two source files. I will have a look at that. Github is not my daily business. Can I get the sources with wget as the normal tar-balls?

Dani

tomaskir

Victor could probably provide a patch to just fix this issue - where you wouldn't have to rebuild everything.

May be best to contact him directly.

I personally build and package the entire server almost daily - when there are new commits to the NetXMS GIT repo.
(not manually, I automated the build/package process)

We have an apt repo where I push the packages to.
We then update our system (and our customer systems) as required off that apt repo.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

we will release 2.2.4 with a fix this week.

Best regards,
Victor