SMS suddenly missing?

Started by Millenium7, October 10, 2019, 10:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millenium7

Our SLACK alerts have stopped. I noticed if I go to server configuration I can't find the 2 SMS options in there anymore
Running latest version of NetXMS. Unsure if this broke before or after the upgrade to 3.0
Maybe something got corrupted?

How do I troubleshoot and fix this?

Tatjana Dubrovica

Hi,

SMS drivers replaced by notification channels (so it is now possible to have more than one channel for messaging). Existing driver configuration should be automatically converted to channel named SMS. So you can check notification channel configuration under Configuration->Notification Channels.

There was bug in early 3.0 version that notificaiton channel librarries were not provided with Windows installation, so please check that you have latest version of NetXMS server.

You can check server log for messages about problems with notificaiotn channel load. Information is available on debug level 4.

Millenium7

Ok I can see it in there and it was automatically migrated, however not entirely as its not working
Driver name was empty so i've changed that to Slack
Driver Configuration is in the format of
username=NetXMS;url=[WEBHOOK URL]

Then i've gone into my action and changed it to type 'Send Notification' and set channel name to the migrated SMS one
recipient address is #alerts (same as before) and message text %n - %m %M (same as before)
Yet it's not working, still no alerts

Is there a guide to setting it up?

Tatjana Dubrovica

Configuration should be in the format:
username=NetXMS
url=[WEBHOOK URL]

Please try to change configuration.
I'll check the upgrade procedure, that was resopnsible for configuration move.

Millenium7

That fixed it. Old config was all on 1 line with semi-colon to separate the 2 variables. Removing semi-colon and placing on separate lines works