News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

SNMP Credentials

Started by gmonk63, November 05, 2015, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmonk63

Why does the 2.0-RC2  Server Continue to send the public community string ?  I have configured  only one community string in the snmp credentials tab   but  the wire shark capture show the server sending out several requests that use public and then several requests with my custom community string which is causing a lot of problems since our switches willl no longer respond to snmp queries after so many failed attempts. I looked through the configs and folders and cannot find any where this is configured unless it is hardcoded into the software

gmonk63

Also just as a note I already added the DefaultCommunityString variable to the server configuration and restarted and it is still doing it

Andreas@rc

Quote from: gmonk63 on November 06, 2015, 12:18:35 AM
Also just as a note I already added the DefaultCommunityString variable to the server configuration and restarted and it is still doing it

As far as I know, the DefaultCommunityString will only be applied with new nodes. Already configured nodes need to be changed manualy.

Dani@M3T

We also see a big number of "SNMP_AUTH_FAILURE" events since update to V2.0-RC2 and have problems on some network devices with SNMP. They do not respond to SNMP requests anymore.

edit:
But only some of the SNMP nodes are affected, others not.
We use SNMPv3.

Victor Kirhenshtein

I can confirm that there is a bug that causes NetXMS to use some incorrect community strings in polls. We are working on the fix.

Best regards,
Victor

gmonk63

Good to know thank you for the quick reply

Dani@M3T

Thanks Victor. I really hope you can make a fix before V2.0.

Dani@M3T

Victor

Do you already have a fix for the SNMP problems? Maybe a fixed source code file?

Thanks
Dani