SNMP Walk not showing values, only datatype

Started by tclafoe, January 30, 2018, 04:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tclafoe

Hi,

I have upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2.2, running on a Ubuntu 16.04
Since the upgrade when setting up new data collection items using SNMP walk, there are no values shown.
SNMP requests are working fine - I get octett values for the interfaces and can display them via "History", all the graphs are still working/updated, etc.
I have checked via tcpdump that when starting the SNMP walk a "GetNextRequest" is sent to the server in question and a "GetResponse" is received by the NetXMS-Server (I asked for ".1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6"/SysLocation and got  .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6.0 and the corrrect value back).
So in general SNMP requests are working, just no values are shown - please see the attached example (a walk on .1.3.6.1.2.1.1).

Can anybody help?

adimitrov

Hello ,

Is the datatype of the DCI correct ? if it is not usually the result is null/blank.

tclafoe

Hi,

datatypes seem correct to me (you can check for yourself in the attached screenshot in my first posting) - "STRING" for "SysDescr" is pretty plausible.
I can retrieve and display the "SysDescr" value by SNMP without a problem - it just does not show in a SNMP walk (just like all other values, but which are also retrievable and meaningful). I have also checked on other Servers/Routers that I know for sure worked before the upgrade to 2.2.2.

Dani@M3T

is 'connection over slow link' activated in your management console?

tclafoe

Dani@M3T

ok, it was only a quick guess, as I had this problem once in the past  :)

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

it seems that you have wrong version of client application. Make sure you have correct version, and in case you unpack it on top of old version, try to remove old version completely and unpack into clean folder.

Best regards,
Victor

tclafoe

Hi Victor,

to make sure, I did a fresh download of the Win32-x64-console-binary, unpacked it in a separate folder, renamed the .nxmc-folder in my home directory so it would start with a fresh one. Given that the layout was totally different then, it must have worked.
The SNMP-Walk problem stayed nevertheless.
The console-binary says its Version 2.2.2(build 9504), the netxms-Server is version 2.2.2-1 from the repository: "http://packages.netxms.org/ubuntu/ trusty main".
The command "netxmsd -v" gives this output:
NetXMS Server Version 2.2.2 Build 9504 (2.2.2) (UNICODE)
NXCP: 4.48.1.12 (AES-256, Blowfish-256, 3DES, AES-128, Blowfish-128)
Built with: g++ (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2

So it at least seems to be the same.

Tatjana Dubrovica

We have fond that now there is error in displaying results of walk when accessing through Data Collection Configuration->Properties of DCI->Select...->Walk. We will fix it in next release. For now you can add metrics through "MIB Expolorer view".

tclafoe

@Tatjana:
Thanks for the info and the workaround - that will help me until the update comes.