Questions about Netxms Console

Started by ophelie6989, January 06, 2010, 06:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophelie6989

Hello,

• I would like to know how i can do to send alarms or events in the form of SNMP Trap from the Agent?
  • Also, i would like to know how we can retrieve a custom attribute when we are on the server and that we receive an event. And how we can show it in the event log?

Thank you very much

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

You cannot send SNMP traps from agent. Agent can only communicate with NetXMS server using it's own protocol. You can however send traps from NetXMS server simply by defining command type action and calling any trap sending utility, for example snmptrap from net-snmp package.

You can retrieve node's custom attributes in scripts in event processing policy in two ways:

1. If name of your attribute conforms to NXSL identifier naming conventions (contains only letters, digits, _ and $ and do not start with digit), you can access any attribute as attribute of node object. For example, to access custom attribute named attr1, you can use

$node->attr1

2. You can use NXSL function GetCustomAttribute. For example, to custom attribute named attr2, you can use

GetCustomattribute($node, "attr2")

Also, if you just need to add custom attribute's value to event or alarm message, you can use macro %{attribute_name}, for example, you can define alarm message as

Some alarm - custom attribute attr1 goes here: %{attr1}

Best regards,
Victor

ophelie6989