NetXMS Agent as proxy for two networks, I can not get one network detected

Started by Dalamar_X23, December 19, 2020, 11:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalamar_X23

Hi All
I have 3 different networks I need to track with NetXMS, Networks A and B are directly connected with full visibility, Netxms server sits on net A.
Network C is completely separated from A and B and I only have one linux box connected to B and C, and that's where I have installed NetXMS agent, which obviously has two interfaces, two Ips and have fully view of both B and C networks and can connect directly to A network and to the server.

My understanding is that the agent should be able to detect and snmp collect all net devices in Network C, but I am not getting it to work

- Agent is properly detected by the server (isAgent Yes)
- Zones are enabled, I have created a new zone, move the agent inside the zone  and set the agent as proxy-node for the zone. Inside the new zone I see networks B and C, both have the agent inside, but no other network devices re shown
- In network discovery I have set network C to be reachable via agent.
- Agent is configured as proxy and snmpproxy

Obviously from agent server I can directly ping and snmpwalk every device on the Network C.

Any ideas? I would hate to address this via NAT and ip forwarding or installing the server on linux box

pvo

The proxy Linux should be in the Default zone (with UIN = 0) and not in zone C.
It should be set as a Proxy node for zone C and for discovery.

Proxy must be enabled in the agent configuration:
EnableProxy = yes
EnableSNMPProxy = yes
EnableSNMPTrapProxy = yes
EnableSyslogProxy = yes
EnableTCPProxy = yes

I use this setting and it works well except for the ping problem (see https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/ping-status-behind-zone-proxy/).

pvo

I forgot that the Ping subagent must be loaded on the Proxy too.
SubAgent = ping.nsm

Dalamar_X23

After adding ping agent + all changes you suggested, all devices started to show.
Thank you very much, it is now working perfectly!