Strange change of "Network discovery" behavior

Started by pcmaster, January 15, 2012, 05:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcmaster

Hi, Victor!
Since NetXMS 1.1.8 version "Network discovery"-service has incorrect finding a new devices in my network. Many newly discovered devices is not places in their network zone, but places in the root of the Objects-tree. Manual statuses polling of such devices executes with errors. NetXMS 1.1.9 has the same strange behavior.
In the same time, NetXMS 1.1.7 version сarries out the given procedure correctly. All newly discovered devices placed in their network zone. Manual statuses polling of all devices executes successfully.
In both cases I tested x32-version of NetXMS on the Windows XP SP3. As DBDriver user "sqlite.ddr".
Help!  :'(
---
WBR, Vladimir.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Can you please send me a screenshot of how it looks? Are all devices which behaves wrong of same type? I have added new Cisco Catalyst driver in 1.1.8, this may impact Cisco Catalyst switches.

Best regards,
Victor

pcmaster

Victor, I can send to you all of you need.
Not all device discovered incorrectly. But all of incorrectly discovered devices is the same type. It's an Integrated Receiver Decoder (IRD-2961 or SAT-Receivers if to tell simple words).
Screenshots in attached files.

pcmaster

Hi, Victor!
There are any changes?
---
WBR, Vladimir.

Ethril

I have this bug too.
Nodes without NetXMS agent periodically duplicating in tree root.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

I take a look at it, but didn't find problem so far. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it in my test environment. I'll return to this problem next week, after web interface.

Best regards,
Victor

pcmaster

Ok, Victor!
If it will be necessary, I can send the additional information.
---
WBR, Vladimir

millerpaint

Greetings,

I am seeing this same behavior on v1.2.3.1 - it seems to be nodes with "loopback" interfaces that are appearing in the root of the tree, and not within the proper subnet container of the console.

-Kevin

SKYnv

Quote from: millerpaint on October 16, 2012, 09:02:13 PM
Greetings,

I am seeing this same behavior on v1.2.3.1 - it seems to be nodes with "loopback" interfaces that are appearing in the root of the tree, and not within the proper subnet container of the console.

-Kevin

they knew, it nodes whiout ip addres on the interface.

millerpaint

Greetings,

I am seeing this behavior again on newly discovered devices, running NetXMS 1.2.6.  We are adding 50 new Zebra printers to our network, and all of them are being discovered, but they show up in the root of the tree, not in the proper subnet.  These devices have multiple interfaces showing (including loopback), as well as the active interface with an IP address.  I have attached a screenshot of the console tree root.

-Kevin C.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Can you confirm that problem on 1.2.7 as well? There was some fixes in node polling. This bug is so strange...

Best regards,
Victor

pcmaster

Hi, Victor!

I install 1.2.7 version and problem remained.
As I noted, in the root of tree places nodes, for which isn't found information about network mask.
---
Vladimir

millerpaint

I have not yet upgraded to 1.2.7, still on 1.2.6, but here is information on one of the many devices that are showing up in the root of the tree. This device happens to be a Zebra printer, we have about 50 of them, and as you can see, there is a subnet mask present:

System Name:             ZBR4473616
  Web Address:             http://192.168.12.29
  IP Address:              192.168.12.29
  Subnet Mask:             255.255.255.0
  Default Gateway:         192.168.12.1
  Timeout Checking:        Enabled
  Trap Destination(s):     255.255.255.255

-Kevin C.