String threshold not generating alarm?

Started by raypetter, July 09, 2014, 07:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raypetter

Discovered something weird today. I configured a threshold alarm, which should trigger an alarm if a given string is not correct after 3 attempts.

See the picture attachment. The condition is triggered, but no alarm on the host is activated.

Is there a logical reason why it fails? I have other similar thresholds, but they are integer and float. So my theory is that it has something to do with the check being a string.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

if you see threshold triggered, that mean that event was generated. Most likely problem is in event processing policy. Double check the rule that is supposed to show alarm from threshold violation event.

Best regards,
Victor

raypetter

Hi Victor, thanks for your quick reply.

It seems the problem is more severe than I thought. Thresholds are not showing alarms period. It's worked perfectly with other triggers before today.

What I did was these exact steps;

1. Create a trigger on a host with a threshold.
2. Convert the trigger to a template item.

After that, alarms are not rendered. Emails are not sent either. I've checked the event policy and they are exactly like they were. Seems like something is broken after the two steps I performed, and I have no clue on what it is. I've created several triggers like this before, but never converted to template.

raypetter

Some progress being made.

I removed the trigger that I converted to template, applied to the hosts and restarted the netxms server. Suddenly alarms work again.

I believe I have hit some sort of bug but unsure what exactly. I'll try to recreate the problem.