SYS_AGENT_UNREACHABLE alarm not until 3 polls fail

Started by tarnmensch, August 10, 2015, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarnmensch

Hello everyone!

Let me first thank you for a great piece of software as well as a very useful forum! I've been using NetXMS for about 2 months now, so I'm still learning a lot here.

My configuration works quite well, but here's my problem: To get a warning if an agent fails, I included SYS_AGENT_UNREACHABLE in the event processing policy, but I can't find a way to avoid alarms that emerge from reboots or just short network issues. Is there any way to set the alarm to wait for 3 failed polls like you can do for every data collector as well as the general node reachable state?

Sorry if I overlooked some solution here. The only idea I can think of is to set the AgentCommandTimeout variable to some very high value, but I think this could influence the NetXMS behaviour generally.

Thanks a lot, bye!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

instead of processing SYS_AGENT_UNREACHABLE event you can collect internal parameter AgentStatus. It returns 0 if agent is connected and 1 if unreachable. Then you can use thresholds as usual to generate alarm only if agent is unreachable for more then specific time period.

Best regards,
Victor

tarnmensch

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your reply and the great work - I finally found time to change to the AgentStatus parameter.

Best regards