SYS_IF

Started by hsvt, February 15, 2016, 11:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hsvt

Hello. I would like to share experiences SYS_IF_DOWN SYS_IF_DISABLED SYS_IF_UP.

On the switch port can not be ip addresses, and therefore I do not want there to see these macros: IP Addr: %3/%4
I created a new event's - SYS_IF_DOWN_DLINK SYS_IF_DISABLED_DLINK and he did it so:  Interface "%2" changed state to DOWN (IfIndex: %5)

Then I applied them on filters in the EPP, but still trigger major developments in spite of that, I can implement my logic?

That is, for a certain container switches I want to receive event's SYS_IF_DOWN_DLINK SYS_IF_DISABLED_DLINK and etc, and for everyone else, servers and ports on the routers I need major events SYS_IF_DOWN SYS_IF_DISABLED SYS_IF_UP

Рow is that possible to do?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

SYS_IF_DOWN and SYS_IF_UP events are pre-defined and system will generate exactly these events. But you can change text for any system event, so it could be simplest solution.

Best regards,
Victor

hsvt

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on February 16, 2016, 08:33:33 PM
Hi,

SYS_IF_DOWN and SYS_IF_UP events are pre-defined and system will generate exactly these events. But you can change text for any system event, so it could be simplest solution.

Best regards,
Victor

I solved the problem by modifying the alarm text in the EPP - alarm - message - Interface "%2" change state to disabled (IfIndex: %5) and pointed in the right sources of container, and for everyone else left the normal message %m