We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

TCPProxy -

Started by faisali, October 15, 2023, 01:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faisali

From a previous thread:-
--------------------------------
In 4.2 support for TCP proxying was added into agent and desktop management client (and was not yet documented)

Agent should have EnableTCPProxy=yes in it's config

In management client it's done via Object Tools, there's "Setup TCP tunnel..." checkbox.
There are two macros - ${local-address} and ${local-port} which are replaced by actual local IP and port

So Local Command object tool with command
mstsc /v:${local-address}:${local-port}
should work for RDP
----------------------------------

Is this function now documented  ?

I am able to 'sort' of figure it out and make it work , however I have some questions.

Q: it is possible to define the web port on a per device basis ?  (i.e. some devices have web interface on port 9000 and some on 9010 etc) so that a single Object tool entry can be used for all devices ?

Q: Is there way to control / mange what ports are being used for TCPProxy ?  (so that we can allow those ports on the Firewall running on Netxms server)

Thank you very much in advance.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

You should be able to use all the % macros in object tools (same macros as in event processing), so you can use custom attribute to define TCP port for example.

Currently there is no control on local port number - system allocates random port, typically from an ephemeral port range. It should not be a problem for desktop client, as this port is used only on loopback interface. FOr web client it could be an issue though, if you use web connect object tool from web client.

Best regards,
Victor

faisali

Thank you Victor. 
Faisal