Telegram channel Issue

Started by jbriseno, April 29, 2022, 10:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filipp Sudanov

In one place of your log a message seems to be delivered:
2022.05.09 14:09:17.735 *D* [ncd.telegram       ] Message from bot Ut to recipient josebriseno successfully sent

Did you actually get it?

A bit below it says that can not find chat id:
2022.05.09 14:09:18.843 *D* [ncd.telegram       ] Cannot find chat ID for recipient Utelred_bot and bot Ut

This place looks like Ut is trying to send message to Utelred_bot. I doubt that a bot can send message to another bot (but you can create a chat where bots are participants).

So the question is - what exactly is not working?

jbriseno

Hi, Filipp. First I appreciate your time to reply the post. Second, I attach a PDF file with the sequential steps to send a message to the Telegram bot. The Telegram status change in unexpected way. However, when the Telegram status is in "Driver error" I can send message to the Telegram bot. In the next post I am going to attach the NetXMC server log file. I hope this information helps. Thanks in advance.
My best, jose.

jbriseno

Hi, Filipp. I attach the latest NetXMC log file with Telegram info.
My best, Jose.

Filipp Sudanov

You still have a lot of these lines in the log:

2022.05.10 08:28:21.888 *D* [ncd.telegram       ] Cannot find chat ID for recipient Utelred_bot and bot Ut

It looks that NetXMS is attempting to send something to Utelred_bot all the time. Please check if there is an action that is configured to send notification to Utelred_bot and check what could be triggering that action from Event Processing Policy.

The way it works is that after NetXMS is trying to send something to Utelred_bot driver status falls into error. When you are sending something to josebriseno, sending is successfull and driver status becomes success for some time (till another attempt to send to Utelred_bot).

jbriseno

Hi, Filipp. First I appreciate a lot your time to help me to fix my Telegram channel issue. Second, today, I found the technical reason for that Telegram channel configuration change its status in unxpected way. Because, I added an event with the Telegram bot in the Actions Configuration menu. I updated it. Then my problem is solved. Finally, according with my participation in other Open Source Projects, NetXMS project offers to its members an excellent support. Kudos.

Problem solved

Thanks
my best
Jose

sarangtc

Quote from: jbriseno on May 11, 2022, 04:59:08 PMHi, Filipp. First I appreciate a lot your time to help me to fix my Telegram channel issue. Second, today, I found the technical reason for that Telegram channel configuration change its status in unxpected way. Because, I added an event with the Telegram bot in the Actions Configuration menu. I updated it. Then my problem is solved. Finally, according with my participation in other Open Source Projects, NetXMS project offers to its members an excellent support. Kudos.

Problem solved

Thanks
my best
Jose
I have this issue too. What did you change in the actions configuration to fix this?