Trouble with ODBC SQL Polling

Started by xatteg, July 31, 2012, 12:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xatteg

Hello Victor,

I've managed to build and launch ODBC subagent tried it and got some issues. Current query returns right result, but those results stored previously die or something wrong happens to them. I have included the printscreens of management console showing this and screen of collection configuration.

Agent is configured with the following lines:
*ODBC
Query = SQL.MySQLQuery:mybase:SELECT COUNT(*) FROM USERS WHERE USERACTIVE = 1 AND USERDELETED = 0:60

Normally query should return 171 or something like this.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

It looks like problem on server or in management console, because history is corrupted. Last value always good, which means that agent reports correct value. Can you try to change data type of this DCI to integer? Also, is there any other DCIs which experience same problem?

Best regards,
Victor

xatteg

Hello Victor,

Changing type to integer effectively solved the problem. All previously stored values are now displaying correctly. The one thing I don't understand is why did this happen?

Victor Kirhenshtein

As all previously stored values displayed correctly now, that means a bug on client side - either in client library or in management console itself. Can you check any other string DCIs if you have any?

Best regards,
Victor

xatteg

Hello Victor,

I have added SNMP string polling and it has the same effect as ODBC polling. Current polled value is good and stored are ruined.

Best regards,
Roman