Try SSH credentials from a list? or auto discovery? failure notification?

Started by Millenium7, January 19, 2022, 09:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millenium7

Is there a way for NetXMS to try multiple credentials rather than just the single one stored in properties->communications->SSH?
It's not feasible to enter credentials for every device manually, nor to manually change them periodically
Most will use common LDAP username/password but many are individual. I'd like to create a list of all known credentials and it will try until it finds a match then stores it

Is there a way to have a list of credentials and have NetXMS try each of them sequentially until it can successfully login? The same as SNMP credentials are enumerated until one is found, then store it
(not enumerate the entire list every time a command is run, because it will generate a ton of invalid login attempt error messages)

And if the password changes down the track and stored credentials are no longer valid, how can I have NetXMS notify me when I try and run scripts against a bunch of nodes that some of them failed because of incorrect details?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Currently it is not possible. I think we should add SSH probe as part of configuration poll and handle it in a same way as SNMP credentials. It will also allow to generate relevant event when SSH is no longer responding.
You may also try SSH authentication with private key - depending on your procedures it could be easier to just distribute key for NetXMS server once.

Best regards,
Victor