Ubiquiti ap instance discovery turns into unsupported

Started by Egert143, May 26, 2020, 08:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egert143

Hello

What could cause the following behavior: Lets say i have Ubiquity ap added to NetXms and with template it gets dci-s to monitor. Under that template there is instance discovery for every connected station. Now when station gets disconnected for x amount of time, the instance dci values turn into unsupported. When station returns the dci monitoring continues but alerts for unsupported never dissapear. I checked manualy and oid is same in old and new discovery. Any way how to auto terminate them ?

Egert

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

server should generate event SYS_DCI_ACTIVE when DCI state changes from "unsupported" to "active". Make sure that you are processing this event in EPP and use correct key to terminate alarms generated with SYS_DCI_UNSUPPORTED.

Best regards,
Victor

Egert143

Hello

Default EPP is present and active, that generates alarm with sys_dci_disabled / sys_dci_unsupported. Also one that terminates alarms with sys_dci_active.

Any other ideas why certain node dci wount get cleared ? When i check dci history its older than unsupported alarm date, so its definitly old dci and not new. maybe somthing with instance discovery is messing with auto alarm termination ?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Do you have SYS_DCI_ACTIVE events in event log for that node?

Egert143

They are present yes.

Also, sometimes when the station disconnects for short ammount of time then forcing dci poll will clear unsupported errors. Other times when station is down longer, i have to manualy resolve and terminate them.

Kevo

I also am seeing this behavior. I have quite a few unsupported DCI Alarms that do not resolve even after a later poll will successfully poll those same DCIs.

I was wondering if there was a way to suppress these alarms on a per DCI basis or even a per node basis? I would be fine if it just didn't generate these alarms for certain things. I don't think I would want to turn them off entirely though.

Victor Kirhenshtein

To suppress alarms on a per-node basis you can just add those nodes to alarm generation rule with "not" condition. To suppress them on DCI level you'll have to use filtering script in EPP rule that somehow will check what DCI it is and decide if alarm should be generated or not.

Best regards,
Victor