Unwanted multiple link connections on map

Started by maredcz, June 09, 2020, 11:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maredcz

Hello can somebody explain why are multiple links generated on my maps? And how prevent them.
I think it come with some of 3.0 or 3.1 version. The version had new feature "consolidate multiple nodes in one". I am using Cisco 3650 with hsrp/vrrp as core switches (and up to this version had for these switches multiple objects automaticaly generated). The rest are Cisco SMB 300, 350. Maps are created L2 with multiple seeds.

Thank you. Martin

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

if port names on different links are the same then this is definitely a bug. Could you provide interface list for two nodes connected with excessive links (content of "Interfaces" tab)?

Best regards,
Victor

JuraSSik

Имена портов совершенно одинаковые. В таблице интерфейсов всё в порядке, дублирующих записей нет.Проблема кроется в радиусе  и seed nodes. Если между  seed nodes 2 шага, а радиус выбран 3, всегда будут множественные линки на карте. Или если выбрать близкие соседние сиды, так же получим такую картину.

maredcz

Hello Viktor, the port names on links are the same, identical.
Need to mention, the discovery radius is the default (3) and the seed nodes have overlapping radius, it mean, the seed nodes are less than 3 hops. When remove the seed nodes and delete the links, the new links are created correctly. So the @JuraSSik is probably directing to right direction ...
Martin

Victor Kirhenshtein

Registered it as a bug https://track.radensolutions.com/issue/NX-1880. We will fix it in next patch release.

Best regards,
Victor