DCI not working for SNMP Tables with Two Indexes

Started by radw, April 21, 2016, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radw

Good Morning NetXMS Community

Im starting  with SNMP Tables, however, I have find two issues:

1) I need to create a table that has two indexes: callActiveSetupTime (TimeStamp) and callActiveIndex (Integer):

However, following the guide (https://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/Creating_SNMP_table_DCI) and using the base OID callActiveSetupTime, I dont get any data:

Could be related with this thread (https://www.netxms.org/forum/configuration/how-to-monitor-sysuptime-via-snmp/), where it seems that NetXMS not support TimeStamps/Timeticks yet ?

2) I also replicate the SNMP Table from the guide, and I obtain the values. however when I put the pointer in one value, suddenly changes to a chain named <b><span...:

Regards.

radw

Good morning, I also found that I received an alarm in the device that the data type is unsupported:

Please, I really need some help or support with this issue.

Regards.

Andreas@rc

Well, you could show us your configuration in detail ... because with your partial screenshots and stuff, its hard to find out whats wrong.

Quote from: radw on April 22, 2016, 06:22:20 PM
Good morning, I also found that I received an alarm in the device that the data type is unsupported:

Please, I really need some help or support with this issue.

Regards.

The OID display is the one from the table you want to query ... you checked, that there is actually data available and that the base OID and actual OIDs you want to query are correct?

radw

Hello, thanks for your answer. I'll try to explain again what its the issue and the complete configuration in NetXMS:

1) I need to query the following OID ( that is a SNMP Table) .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1 , called "callActiveTable" (belong to the DIAL-CONTROL-MIB). My device is already uploaded and discovered in NetXMS via SNMPv3

2) I tried to configure the DCI for this table, but I found (later) in my Mib Browser that the table doesnt have one index (as is explained in https://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/Creating_SNMP_table_DCI), but two (callActiveSetupTime  and callActiveIndex), and the callActiveSetupTime is in timetick/timestamp format.

3) However, I followed the guide and created the DCI with each one of these indexes as base OID  (callActiveSetupTime have OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1.1.1 and callActiveIndex .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1.1.2), but neither I can obtain data from this table in NetXMS. I already posted this result in the thread:

I also tested the DCI with the iftable and it worked (however, it has only one index)

4) I already query the device via snmpwalk from my debian system where I installed NetXMS and it returned me all the values. Also I query the OIDs with manage engine mib browser and the device return me the values.

I hope that this explanation clarifies more my issue. Even I changed the title of the thread if it is more meaningful.

Regards.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

ifTable is different from many other SNMP tables because it actually returns value of index column. I suppose that table in question do not do that - you can check it by doing SNMP walk on .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1.1.1. Try to choose any data column as base OID. When building table NetXMS will just scan all indexes using provided base OID and then retrieve values for each column using those indexes.

Best regards,
Victor

radw

Hello, thanks you for the advice.

I created the DCI with the Base OID of .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1.1.10 and it worked. Also I get the values from the table .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.63.1.3.2 (with Base OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.63.1.3.2.1.42). It seems to me , that the DCI works best when base OIDs are integers.

The other thing was that, when I tried to add the OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1.1.11 as column, NETXMS returned me the error "Not Supported", in all data types.

In addition I found in NETXMS those strange values on the OIDs .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.63.1.3.2.1.31 (HEX-STRING, returns only "?") and .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.63.1.3.2.1.1 (String but not readable), however I can poll them fine in manageengine mibbrowser. They are not critical for me, so I only post here as information.

Regards.