User Permission Problems

Started by Dani@M3T, November 16, 2014, 05:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dani@M3T

We want to give some supporters rights limited to there sites in NetXMS. So we assign rights only to the 'site'-container in 'Infrastructure Services'. There I see these problems:

• The System Right 'View event log' also includes Syslog. Please add this to the admin guide.
  • You cannot block access to Event-Monitor, Syslog-Monitor and SNMP Trap Monitor (the System Rights are only for the corresponding Logs in Menu 'View')
  • In Alarm-, Event-, SNMP Trap-Log and Syslog the limited supporter can see all events, syslog-entries... of all nodes, not only the ones from the containers he has permission for. NetXMS should filter the log entries and only show entries of sources he has permission for. In the fiield 'source' he only sees the node-id for such entries but he sees all other fields like 'Host Name' and 'Message'. We cannot allow this.
  • Would it be possible and reasonable to remove all menu items a user don't have permisison for? To get everytime this error message is not very user friendly: 'Open log ,,syslog" has encountered a problem. Cannot open server log ,,syslog": Access denied

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

1. I think that separate those two will be better. I'll do this for next release.
2. Yes, this is a bug. Also notifications sometimes not filtered properly.
3. You can turn on object-level access control in logs by setting server configuration variable ExtendedLogQueryAccessControl to 1. You can try that, but depending on number of objects that could lead to complicated and ineffective SQL queries.
4. Yes, it's planned.

Best regards,
Victor

Dani@M3T

Thanks Victor!

to 3.:
Works! Please at least fill in the description in the ServerConfigurationVariable documentation the wiki.