Integrate NetXMS with Check_MK for distributed monitoring solution

Started by ms.consultant, May 03, 2013, 02:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms.consultant

Hello,

for our NOC I want to propose to my manager NetXMS like Operations Manager with agents but for remote site I want to install Check_MK and integrate it with NetXMS via NetXMS-Agent.
My questions:
1. Is it possible to have this type of design NetXMS integrated with third party (Check_MK; Nagios; OpsView; etc...) ?

2. NetXMS agent is able to collect all different data: (snmp traps; syslog, log files scan; schedule checks; scripts ouput value; threshold; etc..) ?

3. can we use NetXMS server like collector at remote sites and forward the messages to the central NetXMS server due to assigned policies to the NetXMS agent at remote sites ?

4. The Goal is to have a flexible design:
NETWORK ELEMENTS (RTR; SW; VM; WCL; ...) <=> PROTOCOLS: (snmp; syslog; wmi; netflow; jflow; sflow; ....) <=> COLLECTOR (NetXMS-SRV; NetXMS-AGT or ThirdParty: Check_MK;...) <=> OPERATIONS MANAGER (NetXMS-SRV like OM or MoM)

Thanks in advance
Regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

There are lot of different options for different integration scenarios. One option is to use event forwarding between NetXMS servers: collector server collects and analyzes data from devices, and send events to operations manager server when something happens. In such configuration historical data will be kept at collector server, but important events will be available on central server. If you prefer to use other collection tools, you can use integration utilities to send events and data to central NetXMS server (nxevent for sending events and nxpush for pushing performance data).
NetXMS agent is able to parse log files and send events to server when match is found. It cannot forward SNMP traps. Agent is not collecting data automatically - only by server request.

Best regards,
Victor