Viewing SNMP Traps

Started by Sumit Pandya, November 11, 2010, 01:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumit Pandya

My Agent software generate an SNMPv1 enterprise trap with OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.21067.1.3. I've properly compiled and loaded MIB and registered this SNMP Trap ID into SNMP Trap Configuration with SYS_SERVICE_DOWN Event. Furthere I do have "Generate new alarm" selected into Event Processing Policy Editor. In that policy I simply have "%m" message, "SERVICE_DOWN_%i_%2" in Alarm key, and Severity "From Event".

Now I cannot see my trap into either of "Event Browser", or "Syslog" or, "SNMP Traps log".

Please guide further and have a basic How-To on SNMP Trap Handling.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Could you please post a screenshots of your trap configuration? Also, try to set server's configuration parameter LogAllSNMPTraps to 1 and check SNMP trap log. Ensure that server generating the trap is registered as a node in NetXMS.

Best regards,
Victor

Sumit Pandya

I can even provide you remove access via Team-Viewer like tool. I'm in India i.e. GMT+5:50 TZ.
I've taken various snapshots and created consolidated JPGs which can be found into attachment.
I've also attached RADIUS-MIBs which you can include into standard distribution.
Feel free to provide any of your/other personal contact details for quick coordination.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Some additional questions:

1. where the packets was captured?
2. is it possible that incoming SNMP packets blocked by firewall at NetXMS server machine?
3. could you run server with debug level set to at least 6 (command line option -D 6) and post log file?

Best regards,
Victor

Sumit Pandya

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on November 12, 2010, 10:03:27 AM
2. is it possible that incoming SNMP packets blocked by firewall at NetXMS server machine?
Port was indeed blocked by Windows Firewall. I usually turn-off that, but Recently I've opted a new m/c which had Firewall turned on :-(
Trap messages now seen into both Event Browser and SNMP Trap Log. I see a problem where Event Browser shows SNMP_UNMATCHED_TRAP, while I've proper mapping of Trap OID with Event type. You already have PCAP so we can figure out who is doing what wrong ;-)
However Event Type is properly shown as SYS_SERVICE_UP/SYS_SERVICE_DOWN for SNMPv2 Trap.