Web UI not working - incompatible?

Started by sjudy, March 06, 2023, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjudy

So I have NetXMS server 4.3.2 running, local client connects, no issue.  The WebUI however is not.  It reports: Server uses incompatible version of communication protocol.

The odd part, I am running 4.3.2 on both the server, local client and WebUI, yet it reports version mismatch.  I even downgraded the WebUI to v4.3.1 and I get the same error, but when I looked more closely at the error, the version doesn't seem to match up?  The error is: Server uses incompatible version of communication protocol.  (server= [60, 4, 1, 1, 1, 43, 1, 2] client= [60, 4, 1, 1, 1, 44, 1, 2]). Neither of these seem to match up with the real version... I am expecting to see 4.3.2 or 4.3.1 for the client, but seeing what I can only suspect is 4.3.1.2 (server) and 4.4.1.2 (client).

Any ideas?

sjudy

Anyone? Bueller....Bueller

Thanks in advance

Dawid Kellerman

Hi you will need to stop tomcat then clean the work folders in your tomcat

sjudy

Thanks for the tip, but still no go.  I also installed on a fresh server and it doesn't work there either, same error (shown below). 

Server uses incompatible version of communication protocol (server= [60, 4, 1, 1, 1,43, 1, 2] client= [60, 4, 1, 1, 1, 44, 1, 2])

This happens with the new UI and the legacy versions.

sjudy

I figured it out from running the netxms server from the command line in debug mode.  I caught that it was running an old database schema... oddly enough, I was able to use the GUI client, just not the web client.  Not sure I have ever had that happen before... either way, the database update resolved my issue.

Thanks for the help!