some questions

Started by Billy, March 03, 2011, 12:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

Hi Victor,
     After the new version 1.1 are installed, i find there are many differences between the the new java management console and the old one. For instance, some useful functions such as auto topology generating can not be find in the new console, etc. When a problem raised, i can't find how to solve it by reading the old documents, which really makes me feel confused.
     There are 3 questions: 
     Would you have plan to update the documents lately?
     When the first stable version of 1.1 will come out?
     Whether some useful functions in the old console will be added into the stable version?

best regards

Victor Kirhenshtein

Quote from: Billy on March 03, 2011, 12:29:35 PM
     Would you have plan to update the documents lately?

Of course I will.

When the first stable version of 1.1 will come out?

It's hard to tell exactly - but it definitely will take few month. For 1.1.x major planned things are following:

1. Move all management functionality to Java console and discontinue legacy Windows console;
2. Implement SLA monitoring;
3. Improve network topology discovery and presentation;
4. Improve multilanguage support;
5. Develop web UI to some useful level.

I plan to keep 1.1.x releases as much stable and useful as possible, but of course due to huge amount of changes there definitely will be a lot of bugs.

Whether some useful functions in the old console will be added into the stable version?

Yes, of course. New console is not finished yet, I would say it covers about 75% of old console's functionality.

Best regards,
Victor

Billy

Thank you, Victor.
My mother language is Chinese, so if you need Chinese translation, i would like to finish it(my email: [email protected])

Best Regards