XMPP Not Working on some systems or working erratically

Started by clifford, November 01, 2019, 01:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clifford

Im trying to setup XMPP messaging for NetXMS

192.168.1.X (NetXMS 2.2.17) -- Production Server – Debug set to 6
XMPP Works fine, XMPP message is triggered when a node changes state to down or Up but many times the message is delayed or is missed
Tail -f /var/log/netxmsd |grep xmpp shows messages being triggered when a node change state

192.168.1.Y (NetXMS 2.2.17)  – Test Server – Debug set to 6
Tail -f /var/log/netxmsd |grep xmpp shows NO messages being triggered when a node change state
However I am able to get responses from the server show commands via xmpp client

192.168.5.Z (NetXMS 3.0) – Test server -- Debug set to 6
Tail -f /var/log/netxmsd |grep xmpp shows NO messages being triggered when a node change state.
However I am able to get responses from the server show commands via xmpp client

Looks like the test setups work like 1-way communication.

I have double-checked the configuration between the working and  the non-working systems they are exactly identical

Ejabberd XMPP Server –
Tcpdump shows messages being triggered from 192.168.1.X – production server  but no XMPP responses from the test systems when the same done is down,
The users configured in ejabberd show as online

Need help in getting this working as this was the alternative to the Netxms android not playing alert sounds

Edit:  I have noticed that when I configure server action (Email) +(XMPP)

The mail is generated instantly when our node goes down, but the XMPP message is not trigerred even though the event processing policy is instructed to use XMPP also as server action along with email action.

Regards

Clifford Dsouza

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

when XMPP action is triggered but you do not see messages please try to capture state of netxmsd threads using attached script (you will need to install gdb and appropriate -dbg packages if you have installed server from deb repository). Also please try to set debug level to 6 and extract lines with text XMPP from server log when XMPP action is triggered.

Best regards,
Victor

sushantd

Hi Victor,

Please find the attached captured file.

Thank you
Sushant