News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Asking for french translation

Started by Lotfi, May 16, 2016, 03:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotfi

Hello,

Our staff are looking for french translation of the UI, especially the Web Interface. I don't know where to find it of if it really exists at all. Thanks in advance.

tomaskir

Lotfi

thank you for your quick answer,
i made what you said, but the translation is not obvious, as you can see in both of the screenshots, there's just one word that became in french but everything else, stayed english...

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

French translation is currently just a placeholder - only platform parts are translated. If somebody French-speaking can assist with actual translation I'll provide language file to work with and necessary assistance.

Best regards,
Victor

Lotfi

Actually, i do speak french even  if it is not my mother language, and i can help if you permit

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

this would be very helpful. I've prepared language files for you: https://cloud.netxms.org/index.php/s/Pm6tl7HZCYxmZfr

You need to translate texts in files inside and send them back to me. Feel free to ask if you will have any questions!

Best regards,
Victor

Lotfi

Thanks, i'll do my best and send you feedback.
Regards

jhonnyvey

Hi,

I can help translate to portuguese if needed.
Just send a files to me and i can translate it :)

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

sorry for late reply! Portuguese translation would be awesome. Attached is archive with Portuguese language files.

Best regards,
Victor

jhonnyvey

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on June 13, 2016, 11:30:08 PM
Hi, sorry for late reply! Portuguese translation would be awesome. Attached is archive with Portuguese language files.
Best regards, Victor

Hi Victor,
We are working on translation to portuguese but we are with a doubt.
The expressions have & for example:  "Show &object details" this & is used in which context?
We need to understand to know if it is necessary to adjust the translation.
Tks!

zorzevey

Hello,

I have a doubt too.

This is correct?

" E&xport to CSV... " or should i consider using "&Export to CSV..."

Thanks

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

for menus and buttons & character precedes letter that will be used as keyboard shortcut. So for example text

Show &object details

will be displayed as

Show object details

and letter "o" will be keyboard shortcut (and depending on the system will be underlined).

It is better to use existing shortcuts when possible as they are non-overlapping - but if not possible you can choose different shortcuts - it can be fixed later.

Best regards,
Victor

jhonnyvey

Good afternoon, Victor,

Below is the link for Portuguese of Brazil netxms tool.
My team and me have implemented here in the company earlier this year the tool and we are using.
This is a way to thank you for sharing the tool that we use.

We look forward for the Portuguese version and probably will need to adjust other settings but as soon as the first version is available we set and send the appropriate corrections.

In more thank you.

http://bit.ly/netxmsptbr

TimHaw

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing Jhonny.