News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Issues with clearing alarms

Started by djdenney, February 02, 2021, 05:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djdenney

As a long term administrator of HP OML/OMi, I (and the operations staff) are used to seeing a clearing alarm when an anomalous issue has been corrected.  The "standard" has always been to have the clearing alarm terminate the problem alarm, then after 60 seconds, the clearing alarm terminates automatically.

I am looking for a way to accomplish this (if possible).

Any help would be appreciated.

Victor Kirhenshtein

This is done by alarm keys. When you create "problem" alarm, you create event processing policy rule that do "generate alarm" and here you can set the key. For terminating you create another rule that handles recovery event and do "terminate alarm" with the given key. You can look at rules for SYS_NODE_DOWN and SYS_NODE_UP events.

Best regards,
Victor

P.S. Questions like this have much more chances to be responded quickly if placed into correct section on forum. "Development" section is intended for developing of product itself or using it's APIs, so many users simply never look at posts there.

djdenney

thanks for the info Victor,  I will post in English Support/General Support. I know how to generate and terminate alarms and it works great.  I was looking for a way to generate a clearing alarm, then terminate it after 60 seconds.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Two ways here:

1. Set alarm timeout and what event will be generated, and then create another rule to terminate alarm on timeout event. Note that timeout event will be generated only if alarm will still be in outstanding state.

2. Execute script action with required delay in same rule, and terminate alarm from that script.

Best regards,
Victor