News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Troubles Compiling 2.1RC1 on CentOS7

Started by rgimbel, May 23, 2017, 02:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgimbel

Hello all-

I was able to compile netxms-2.0.8 on centos7 without difficulty after installing the proper libraries.  I decided that I would take a look at the 2.1RC1 candidate and following the same build process during the make process it through the following error

Making all in nxminfo
make[5]: Entering directory `/root/src/netxms-2.1-RC1/src/server/tools/nxminfo'
  CXXLD    nxminfo
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SNMP_Variable::getValueAsString(wchar_t*, unsigned long) const'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SNMP_Variable::getRawValue(unsigned char*, unsigned long) const'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SNMP_Variable::getValueAsObjectId() const'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SnmpWalk(SNMP_Transport*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int (*)(SNMP_Variable*, SNMP_Transport*, void*), void*, bool)'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SNMP_Variable::getValueAsInt() const'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SNMP_Variable::getValueAsUInt() const'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SNMPConvertOIDToText(unsigned long, unsigned int const*, wchar_t*, unsigned long)'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SnmpGetEx(SNMP_Transport*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int const*, unsigned long, void*, unsigned long, unsigned int, unsigned int*)'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SnmpGet(int, SNMP_Transport*, wchar_t const*, unsigned int const*, unsigned long, void*, unsigned long, unsigned int)'
../../libnxsrv/.libs/libnxsrv.so: undefined reference to `SNMP_Variable::SNMP_Variable(unsigned int const*, unsigned long)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [nxminfo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/root/src/netxms-2.1-RC1/src/server/tools/nxminfo'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/src/netxms-2.1-RC1/src/server/tools'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/src/netxms-2.1-RC1/src/server'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/src/netxms-2.1-RC1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/src/netxms-2.1-RC1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I created my make file by ./configure --with-server --with-mysql --with-agent  and it completed without error.

Looking for any solutions.. I am kinda thinking that I need to uninstall 2.0.8 thinking that it might somehow be pulling a library from the other build, but thought I would see if anyone else has run into this during their build.

Thanks in advance.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

this could be caused by older version of libraries already installed. Try to remove old NetXMS libraries (probably under /usr/local/lib).

Best regards,
Victor

rgimbel

Thank you Victor!

I renamed that lib directory and it did in fact compile, it through a few errors compiling but was able to compile and install.

The DB upgrade did not go so smooth, but looking into that one.