Cant open Event Processing Policy in 2.2.15 via web ui or full client

Started by scomoletti, August 01, 2019, 01:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scomoletti

I have a new install of 2.2.15 on Centos 7.5 running in a docker container. Same architecture I use everywhere aside from the netxms version. It ran fine at first while we imported our standard templates, events, epp, traps, etc etc. About 12 hours later I went to edit one of the epp rules and got a 'Cannot open event processing policy: Request timed out' error when trying to open the window in both the web ui and in the full client. I have 4 other 2.2.15 instances where this does not happen. There are some differences in the templates and epp rules but the other systems have more than this one. it only has a subset of the rules.

I unmanaged everything in infrastructure (it only had the netxms server itself) and set debug to 9 but couldnt find anything in the logs at all that I was able to distinguish from the normal log noise.

Any ideas how to proceed? further debug options? or a way to purge the rules without having access to the config options? I was able to export/import the rules still without issue and the file structure looks correctly formed.

Thanks,

Steve

Alex Kirhenshtein

Looks like internal lock. I recommend you to upgrade to 2.2.16. If issue remain, please take snapshot of the process threads (we bundle script capture_netxmsd_threads.sh for that).

scomoletti

2.2.16 did correct the problem. Still not sure what triggered it however. I see no commits (based on the desc) in 2.2.16 that would explain how it fixed the issue.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Depending on how you are using server it could be commit 3ab06f4e1c ("fixed server deadlock after action configuration import", 2019-06-19).

Best regards,
Victor