Configuring/ getting DCI/ paramters

Started by rojaraju, July 28, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rojaraju

I have installed NetXMS on Linux 14.04/ MySql ... It has auto discovered number of computer systems, switches and printers... I have even classified grouping them switchwise under Infrastructure services... But I am not able to get/ collect their DCI parameters including last values from various devices for graph, monitoring ... Needed help regarding what I am missing - configuration/ setting up ...

rojaRAJU

rojaraju

I am getting proper Alarms on UP/ Down of nodes ... But Alarms, Last Values, Performance for individual nodes are not available...

rojaraju

Please help for solving my problem please ...

rojaraju

I could get last values of CISCO router installed and configuration found configured in netxms... what is the procedure to get those DCI parameters, last values for other computer systems and switches... please someone help...

Tursiops

Hi rojaraju,

I am unsure if I understand your problem correctly. Your Last Values tabs are empty?
Have you manually created any DCI on the nodes?
Or do you have Templates? Have you assigned those templates (manually or via auto-apply rules)?
Without DCIs, no Last Values.

Cheers

rojaraju

thanks for the response ...

I try to make understand.. I am not a network expert but a simple n/w administrator in an unorganised network in my organization...

1] Yes.. i tried to create manually DCI for nodes but could not as Data Collection Configuration details are unavailable ...
but for CISCO devices, (wherein template was imported), Data Collection Configuration or DCI parameters from SNMP are available ...

2] I have imported CISCO templates from 'somewhere' [dont know from where] and that's why I presume, CISCO router last values/ DCI parameters have been captured... those details are found in SMTP trap configuration... no other manufacturer settings are found except CISCO trap configuration ...  in that case, i dont know where to get templates for other servers, desktop systems, printers, switches (of course other than CISCO), routers, etc.. I think, after importing those templates, those can be auto-applied or manually applied to get  DCI parameters/ Last values...  that would solve my basic problem..

Tks in advance ...

rojaRAJU, O+

Tursiops

Hi,

There is a sticky post on the forums where people posted templates they were happy to share:
https://www.netxms.org/forum/general-support/sharing-standard-templates-for-netxms/

I have to admit, we spent a lot of time developing ours from scratch and making them work with our alerting system (unfortunately I am not at liberty to share them).
We learned quite a bit on SNMP/SNMP Traps/Performance Counters, etc. along the way. The fact that we had to build it means we understand what we are monitoring and why a lot better. But as I said, it wasn't a quick process. Mind you, we have a lot of different devices out there.

What kind of systems/devices are you trying to monitor?
If there is nothing in the forum post mentioned above, maybe someone else can help (as I said, I can't share our stuff, though I am able to give pointers)?

Cheers

rojaraju

It means that those details are stored in XML files called templates and should be imported into NetXMS and configured ...

thks for the link and would try to grab max. from it..

--------------------
rojaRAJU, O+
==========