Error applying server configuration with MS SQL 2012

Started by cjmcgee, April 11, 2013, 11:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjmcgee

I am getting an error connecting to the database on the "applying server configuration" step.

Windows Server 2012 Standard
Microsoft SQL Server Express 2012 x64

- SQL Server is installed as the default instance (MSSQLSERVER).
- I checked that Named Pipes and TCP/IP are both enabled protocols for SQL.
- I verified that MyDomain\MyAccount is server admin on this SQL instance.  Also to verify, I connected as this user (using SQL server management studio) and created a test database.
- The NetXMS core service is setup to run as MyDomain\MyAccount
- I verified that SQL is allowed on the firewall

On the select database page I have this selected:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- mssql.ddr
- localhost
- create new database
- DBA login name = *
- DBA password =
- Database name = netxms_db
- DB login name = *
- DB password =

The error message I get is "Unable to connect to database [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'MyDomain\MyAccount'."

If I change the database server from "localhost" to "MyServerNetBIOSName" I get the same message.
If I change the database server from "localhost" to "MyServerNetBIOSName\MSSQLSERVER" I get "Unable to connect to database [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]SQL Server Network Interfaces: Connection string is not valid [87].", but I get a similar message if I try to connect to this instance in SQL management studio. 

Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

cjmcgee

I was able to get around this by creating a blank database using SQL Server Management Studio and then choosing "Use existing database" along with checking the "Initialize database" checkbox.  It seems like the DBA User = * option is not working with my setup.