mac os-x freezing on server user/password window

Started by meshnet, February 28, 2018, 06:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meshnet

hello,

the dmg file for 2.2.4 is 404, but i found the .zip in the 2.2/ directory

launching the netxms console works, but the ability to enter user/password or server IP is not possible.

it's unfortunate that os x has these tendencies to fail horribly, yet still holds the 'it just works' motto... when unicode cause kernel panics.. sigh... that mottos falls in to the trash very quickly re: user root...

Any update as to how to go about fixing this? currently depending on the NetXMS+Jetty (Web) application, which is totally rad...but the features I have in 'Tools->custom->Thing' is not available.

Should I try to have Mac OS users test with ./nxmc -auto -login=someUser -password=somePass -server=someServ.er

I do not know how to launch ncmx from Apple, because it's a directory.. may be somebody could help? or has found a solution?

KDS

Hello.
I have the same problem on my MacBook Pro (Mac OS high Sierra 10.13.4) . Did you find a solution?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

you should downgrade your Java to version 8 update 151. version 8u161 is known to be causing this issue.

Best regards,
Victor

Kevo

Quote from: meshnet on February 28, 2018, 06:28:05 PM
it's unfortunate that os x has these tendencies to fail horribly, yet still holds the 'it just works' motto... when unicode cause kernel panics.. sigh... that mottos falls in to the trash very quickly re: user root...

I think that "motto" refers to OS X itself, not third party software, but I understand the frustration. Hopefully reinstalling the older Java version will fix your issue.

meshnet

sorry but logging in as root is as 'just works' enough for me not to use os x.. sigh..

come to find out, installing a brew version work? but... i need more information may be someone has got it to work. In the mean time i am supporting users via webgui.

webgui is definitely 'just works' for us

Dockerfile

FROM jetty:9-jre8
EXPOSE 8080
ADD https://www.netxms.org/download/webui/nxmc-xxxxxxxxxxxx.war /var/lib/jetty/webapps/ROOT.war
ENTRYPOINT ["--modules=jmx jetty.threadPool.maxThreads=500"]

meshnet

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on July 16, 2018, 02:45:00 PM
Hi,

you should downgrade your Java to version 8 update 151. version 8u161 is known to be causing this issue.

Best regards,
Victor

Thank you!! I will pass this along!