Management Console in FreeBSD

Started by zillo, July 17, 2015, 06:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zillo

Hello,

Is there a way to run the Java Management Console in FreeBSD?

More exactly, I use PC-BSD 10.1.2. I can run Eclipse without problem and I know the Console is based on Eclipse.
If there is no binary for FreeBSD, is possible to download the source and build for FreeBSD?

I use NetXMS 2.0-M2 for the moment and I prepare to move to 2.0-M5. Also I want to leave windows behind and use PC-BSD as my main desktop OS. So I need the Management Console to run under FreeBSD.

Thanks,
VV

Alex Kirhenshtein

Hello.

I don't have much experience with FreeBSD lately, but I think that Linux build of management console should work fine using linux emulation layer.
I did a quick search and can't really find native FreeBSD build of the Eclipse either, to be honest (or it's available only in ports?).

zillo

Thanks for your answer.

That is the way I thought about also.
Unfortunately the linux emulation layer in FreeBSD at this moment is 32 bits only. From what I have read this will change in FreeBSD 11, now known as CURRENT.

On my desktop machine I'm not willing to run CURRENT for vary reasons.

So I will have this problem:
On my machine I have Java 7 and Java 8 both 64 bits working.
If I try the netxms console 64bits linux version the problem is with the executable wrapper which must start the java application. The wrapper is 64 bits also and it won't run under linux compatibility layer (32 bits).

If I use the netxms console 32 bits variant for linux, the wrapper work and start the application which crash with error 13 (that is the error return by JVM 64 bits running an 32 bits java app).

That is the reason I want to try to build it myself.

Thanks,
VV

Alex Kirhenshtein

Sources are available in out GIT: http://git.netxms.org/public/netxms.git
Checkout by tag release-2.0-M5.
Desktop UI sources are located in src/java/netxms-eclipse

Here is a list of required components you need to install into eclipse: http://git.netxms.org/public/netxms.git/blob/refs/heads/develop:/src/java/eclipse_addons.txt?js=1