Mobile Agent 2.1RC1 - Crashes continually

Started by lweidig, May 24, 2017, 07:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lweidig

Installed the 2.1RC1 mobile agent APK on a Galaxy S7 (model: SM-G30R4) running Android 7.0.  As soon as I enabled Location Strategy of Network & GPS the app started crashing (and wanting to e-mail crash reports) - CONTINUALLY!!!!  Could not really do anything as it just kept opening the mail window wanting to send another crash report.  Finally, was able to reboot phone and uninstall Agent before it started the crash loop.  Did try to restart before that and see if that would resolve but it kept on crash looping as previouly.

The client needs to crash and stay crashed, this was really annoying and I suspect a typical user would have had no idea how to get out of it.  I am perfectly fine wanting to e-mail a crash dump and hopefully you have a few from me, but the crash / e-mail loop needs immediate resolution. 

Seems 2.1 has a way to go from what we are seeing from a stability and functionality standpoint.  It is a great product and I am sure it can be overcome, thanks!

Marco Incalcaterra

Hello,

I guess that is due to the new model of permissions (explicit permission to be request to the user at runtime) that the agent is not supporting. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Regards,
Marco

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: lweidig on May 24, 2017, 07:33:34 PM
Installed the 2.1RC1 mobile agent APK on a Galaxy S7 (model: SM-G30R4) running Android 7.0.  As soon as I enabled Location Strategy of Network & GPS the app started crashing (and wanting to e-mail crash reports) - CONTINUALLY!!!!  Could not really do anything as it just kept opening the mail

Agent problem should be solved, next release will have the fix. Android console still have some issues, need to investigate more, will be fixed as well ASAP.

Regards,
Marco

lweidig

Thanks for the update, please post about the console as well once that has been resolved.  Looking forward to the next release!

lweidig

Marco:

Does the 2.1 mobile agent address this issue?

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: lweidig on July 12, 2017, 07:39:39 PM
Marco:

Does the 2.1 mobile agent address this issue?

Hello,

as per my tests at the time of the post yes, agent was working fine on Android 7 emulator (I don't have a real Android 7 device, only 6). Console is still pending, I'm sorry but this is a very bad period at work :( I'll try to do within the end of this month.

Please let me know if on your device agent is working fine (will ask you for 3 permissions: location etc., you must grant them in order to use it).

Regards,
Marco

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: lweidig on June 14, 2017, 03:17:07 PM
Thanks for the update, please post about the console as well once that has been resolved.  Looking forward to the next release!

Console has been aligned to same Android library version of agent (no special permissions required here, as per my knowledge). Tested on Android emulator v7; changes committed, will be available in the next release. Please post here if you still have problems (once you have the possibility to try).

Regards,
Marco

lweidig

I have tried installing the agent again on the same device.  It did indeed ask for the 3 permissions and seems to be capable of running now without crashing the phone.  THANKS!

However, no matter what settings I try I cannot get it to connect with my server.  Have tried server by name and IP address, verified port is open and retyped username / password both in agent and server WAY too many times.  Always getting access denied.  Tried enabling debugging on server:

[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.089] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Received message CMD_GET_SERVER_INFO
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.089] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Sending message CMD_REQUEST_COMPLETED
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.147] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Received message CMD_REQUEST_ENCRYPTION
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.147] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Sending message CMD_REQUEST_SESSION_KEY
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.262] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Received message CMD_SESSION_KEY
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.269] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Sending message CMD_REQUEST_COMPLETED
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.332] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Received message CMD_LOGIN
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.333] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Mobile device object with device ID "3561660XXXXXXX" not found
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.334] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Sending message CMD_LOGIN_RESP
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.383] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] readThread: message receiving error (MSGRECV_CLOSED)
[03-Aug-2017 08:08:54.384] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Session closed

This is the deviceId of the agent trying to connect.  The user that is setup to connect has the following rights assigned:

• Register agents
  • External tool integration account
  • Login as mobile device
Not sure if any additional rights are needed. 

Also, any ETA on 2.1.1 so we have a working console as well? 

Thanks for all the efforts and assistance, it is appreciated!

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: lweidig on August 03, 2017, 04:16:57 PM
However, no matter what settings I try I cannot get it to connect with my server.  Have tried server by name and IP address, verified port is open and retyped username / password both in agent and server WAY too many times.  Always getting access denied.

I can confirm that version 2.1 is not working :(, I guess due to something changed recently on server side.
As per info reported in your log, the server is not able to properly locate the object; here the test with emulator:

[03-Aug-2017 18:12:15.223] [DEBUG] [MDSN-128] Mobile device object with device ID "000000000000000" not found

I'll try to investigate in the week end.

On this I don't have info, let's see if Victor can give hints.

Regards,
Marco

lweidig

Thanks for the quick reply and confirmation of issue.  Hopefully fixed in 2.1.1 as well.  Appreciate the effort!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

message like

Mobile device object with device ID "000000000000000" not found

suggests that device is not registered in NetXMS. If this is not the case then it looks like server bug.

We plan to make 2.1.1 release in a week or two.

Best regards,
Victor

Marco Incalcaterra

Not sure if any additional rights are needed. 

Hello lweidig,

I've managed to reinstall the server on the VM I use for the development, I'm able to have the mobile agent connecting properly with the server (version 2.1), have a look to the snapshot here attached. Double-check that the device Id configured on the server matches properly with the one reported by the agent.

Regards,
Marco

lweidig

This is using an updated agent though correct that will be part of 2.1.1?  We will try once it is available.

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: lweidig on August 11, 2017, 07:36:11 PM
This is using an updated agent though correct that will be part of 2.1.1?  We will try once it is available.

No, actually using the same after I re-setup my dev environment  :-\

Marco