News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Reporting server

Started by Stardust, February 19, 2016, 04:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stardust

Hi,

Where can I find the full documentation for the reporting installation?

I've followed that tutorial (https://www.netxms.org/forum/installation/install-report-server/) with no success.

Errors when executing java -jar reporting-server-2.0.2.jar .

I'm on NetXMS 2.0.2 (Great job by the way, really).

Thanks

haryt

Hi!

A documentation would be great, trying to install reporting Server (running also on 2.0.2) without suuess too.....

Thanks
Hary

aron

I have also been looking to get this up and working. I have had problems with an existing live deployment, and also a fresh install (2.0.2).

On a live deployment (also 2.0.2, upgraded many times in the past) it appears not to be able to access the database.

On a fresh install I was able to get the reporting server running by installing some additional SQL triggers that were missing. Attached from (http://svn.terracotta.org/svn/quartz/oldtrunk/docs/dbTables/tables_mysql.sql). However, I am still am not currently able to configure a report up. I am still investigating.

Note: I do not know if running the SQL on a 'Production' Deployment would result in data loss as it drops the tables before re-creating them.

It might help.

aron

Hello

I was hoping to confirm my assumptions of what the Reporting Server does and does not do.

The Reporting Server is responsible for taking Pre-Written Reports and generating the Report / Email with the report contents.
The Netxms Console / Manager is how NetXms can configure the reporting server with the Date/Times/Email Addresses that it will use generate / send the report.

Neither programs will create a new Report. To create a report, it would need to be manually written or using the JasperReports designer. This would then be 'generated' this is done using Maven and put into the definitions folder (/opt/nxreporting/workspace/definitions). When the reporting server starts it will load these from definition folder. That is when the Report would appear in the NetXms console / reporting server.

I have not been able to explicitly get the above working at the moment. As such I am hoping that someone will be able to confirm if this is how the components link together?

Thanks

Aron

JasperReport file: Attached and referenced: https://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/UM:Objects#Report
Report Building: https://www.netxms.org/forum/installation/install-report-server/
Wiki Reference to the reporting Server: https://www.netxms.org/documentation/adminguide/reporting.html

*Modified: Due to Report-Generator being removed.

aron

Hello

Just incase someone downloads, and attempts to use previous report. It seems to be out of date and the Database structure is now different. Attached is the report with the updated SQL for IP Addressing being in interface_address_list table.

Most recent guide with current build instructions (Since report-generator was removed): https://www.netxms.org/forum/installation/install-report-server/.

This contains current (un-built) reports and instructions on how they can be built.

Regards

Aron

haryt

Hi,

still noone with a hint how to install Reports?
Tried all the different things from the WIKI and other sources, nothing works, not eaven the Icon in the Admin Interface will Show up......... I´m on 2.0.4. Please help us, bacause I think a lot of People have this Problem!!!!

Regards
hary

Alex Kirhenshtein

1) Download https://www.netxms.org/download/reporting/netxms-reporting-server-2.0.4.zip
2) Unpack to any desired location (I'll use /opt/nxreporting)
3) Create folder for configuration: mkdir /opt/nxreporting.
4) Create configuration file /opt/nxreporting/conf/nxreporting.xml:

<config>
  <workspace>/opt/nxreporting/workspace</workspace>
    <netxmsdConfig>/etc/netxmsd.conf</netxmsdConfig>
    <smtp>
        <server>127.0.0.1</server>
        <from>[email protected]</from>
    </smtp>
    <netxms>
        <server>127.0.0.1</server>
        <login>admin</login>
        <password>netxms</password>
    </netxms>
</config>

Section "<netxms>" required only if you have java-based reports, not sql-based.

5) (optional) Create logger configuration /opt/nxreporting/conf/logback.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
  <appender name="FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
    <file>/opt/nxreporting/log/nxreporting</file>

<rollingPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy">
      <fileNamePattern>/opt/nxreporting/log/nxreporting.%i.gz</fileNamePattern>
      <minIndex>1</minIndex>
      <maxIndex>5</maxIndex>
    </rollingPolicy>

<triggeringPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy">
      <maxFileSize>16MB</maxFileSize>
    </triggeringPolicy>
    <encoder>
      <pattern>%d %5p | %t | %-55logger{55} | %m %n</pattern>
    </encoder>
  </appender>

<appender name="CONSOLE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
        <encoder>
            <pattern>%d %5p | %t | %-55logger{55} | %m %n</pattern>
        </encoder>
    </appender>

<logger name="com.radensolutions" level="debug" />
    <logger name="com.radensolutions.reporting.infrastructure.impl.TcpConnector" level="error" />

<root level="DEBUG">
        <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>
        <!--<appender-ref ref="FILE"/>-->
    </root>
</configuration>

More info: http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html

6) Create folder for workspace and copy some definitions:

mkdir -p /opt/nxreporting/workspace/definitions
cp ldz-alarm-resolution-time-1.0.0.jar /opt/nxreporting/workspace/definitions/

7)  Enable reporting server connector, set EnableReportingServer to 1 (either in GUI - server configuration, or using command line: "nxdbmgr set EnableReportingServer 1"), then restart netxmsd.
8) Create additional tables by executing both scripts from https://git.netxms.org/public/netxms.git/tree/refs/heads/develop:/src/java/nxreporting/sql
9) Start reporting server: cd /opt/nxreporting/ && java -jar nxreporting-2.0.4.jar

In under 10 seconds, netxmsd should connect to reporting server and list of available reports will be visible in "Reporting" perspective.

Final layout of the file system:

/opt/nxreporting/conf/logback.xml
/opt/nxreporting/conf/nxreporting.xml
/opt/nxreporting/lib/*.jar
/opt/nxreporting/reporting-server-2.0.4.jar
/opt/nxreporting/workspace/definitions/ldz-alarm-resolution-time-1.0.0.jar

haryt

Hi!

Thanks for youre help!!!!
Seems to work much better now!
Where can I get "ldz-alarm-resolution-time-1.0.0.jar" ist not in the lib..... ?
Reporting ist still not visible in NETXMS (not in Objects, only in "Window/Open Perpective", but empty, think because of no reportdefinition??), is there a Manual for creating reports?
Do we Need Jasper Report Library?
Can we autostart reporting Server?
One more Question: can I format Floating Point values to, lets say, 2 Digits after the comma? Like 12,34 and not 12,3456789

Regards
Hary

Alex Kirhenshtein

Sample report (+ source project for Jasper Studio) attached to this message.
To build resulting jar file you need Java and Apache Maven: "mvn package" will produce resulting jar in target/

haryt

HI!!!!!!

Thanks, this was it!!! Now I can Play arround and try to create own reports. But, for the Moment, I do not get any results, Jasper Problem? I see that reporting Server ist running and trying to create the Report. Finde this Errors
"com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'netxms_db.hibernate_sequence' doesn't exist",
"at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:980) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.36.jar:5.1.36]"

Alos get this Error when try to compile the added sample:
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find artifact com.radensolutions:nxreporting:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:528)

devportal

I'm trying to setup reporting server but not successful. From the log file, I'm getting org.apache.commons.configuration Count not locate file /etc/netxmsd.conf at null:

I've followed above procedure but cannot run reporting server.

SQL: SQL Server 2008 R2

Please help!!!

Thanks.

haryt

You have to change the path in
<netxmsdConfig>/etc/netxmsd.conf</netxmsdConfig>
to the place the config file is located in youre installation

Rama

hi alex,

i have following your instruction, after me running command "cd /opt/nxreporting/ && java -jar nxreporting-2.0.2.jar"
just running detail about what i was did before and haven't finished just looping like on my image. i check on console report perspective not show anything. fyi me use reporting server version 2.0.2. have I missed something configures like you did?
here i'm attach the capture screen.

thanks.

Rama

hi alex,

I have tried to do "mvn package of file given ldz-alarm-resolution-time-1.0.0-src.7z" When I try to do so I got error and tried
"mvn package of "Data collection configuration" given in sample_reports.tar.gz. on "https://www.netxms.org/forum/installation/install-report-server/"
it's same too, i got error.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building LDz - Alarm Resolution Time 1.0.0
[WARNING] The POM for com.radensolutions:nxreporting:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.723 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2016-07-01T13:33:15+07:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/30M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project ldz-alarm-resolution-time: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.netxms.report:ldz-alarm-resolution-time:jar:1.0.0: Could not find artifact com.radensolutions:nxreporting:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] Building Data Collection Report 1.0.0
[WARNING] The POM for com.radensolutions:nxreporting:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.470 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-09-11T09:05:20+05:30
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/15M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project dci: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.netxms.report:dci:jar:1.0.0: Could not find artifact com.radensolutions:nxreporting:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

is dependency is not valid?

thanks

radw

Hello, try to run java -jar reporting-server-2.0.2.jar as sudo, and with nohup (for let it running in background).

Regards.