NetXMS Support Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reporting Server on Window 2012 / MySQL (Ubuntu 18.4 - VirtualBox)  (Read 300 times)

Junoonguy

• View Profile

Hello Everyone,

I look everywhere but couldn't to find any step by step "Reporting Server" installation of NetXMS. And I seen pretty much everyone is facing the same issue. Well this platform is my last hope for setting up a reporting server. Instruction from user guide no help at all.

I have NetXMS server on window 2012 (physical host) and mysql database on ubuntu 18.4 (virtualbox).

I downloaded netxms-reporting-server-2.2.8

Thanks in advance
Junoon
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:00:17 pm by Junoonguy »

troffasky

• View Profile
Re: Reporting Server on Window 2012 / MySQL (Ubuntu 18.4 - VirtualBox)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 01:38:40 am »

https://www.netxms.org/documentation/adminguide/reporting.html#installation-manual

A few things I picked up:
- The SQL scripts are actually here: https://git.netxms.org/public/reporting-server.git/tree/HEAD:/sql?js=1
- logback.xml needs a closing </configuration> tag or it will barf
- You have to write your own reports, the sample jar files referred to in the documentation aren't publicly available

troffasky

• View Profile
Re: Reporting Server on Window 2012 / MySQL (Ubuntu 18.4 - VirtualBox)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 03:25:12 pm »

Slowly inching toward a working reporting server...maybe [I have been trying to get the reporting server going, on and off, for about three years]. Finally at a point where NXMC doesn't complain about the reporting server not running, but don't have any reports to run yet.
I am baffled by the way the reporting component is distributed. It comes as a zip file, yet the instructions then say to create some further directories and files...why not just put these in the zip file if they're required?!
This one is hilarious: "Simplest way to create jar files are using Maven, ...". Well, a few hours, many stack traces and lots of googling later, I'm at the point where Maven can't load...something. What is Maven looking for here?:
Code: [Select]
$ mvn package
Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building LDz - Alarm Resolution Time 1.0.0
[WARNING] The POM for com.radensolutions:nxreporting:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.345s
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Feb 16 13:17:58 GMT 2019
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/195M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project ldz-alarm-resolution-time: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.netxms.report:ldz-alarm-resolution-time:jar:1.0.0: Could not find artifact com.radensolutions:nxreporting:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException